Tuesday, July 26, 2011

"waaaiiitttiiinnggg is the hardest part..."

    So, many LTs have begun getting their e-tickets and I have not. Some of the other New England teachers I have met are flying out August 3rd (about one week from today!!). My TA rep told me that I will most likely be flying out with the second group which would probably be the first or second week of August. Though I want my ticket NOW I would prefer to fly out with the second group. First, I have going away parties with both sides of my family that I would miss if I were to go in the first group, second it is SUPER hot there in August, and third it will be Ramadan during August and during that time all Muslims are fasting from sunrise to sunset. Though I would not have to fast, I hear it is still a challenging time if you are not use to the culture because it is illegal to eat infront of those who are fasting and many stores/restaurants are not open.
   Rumor has it that the people in the second group will be staying in one of these two hotels on AD Island while they are in orientation and waiting to get their apartment assigned:
http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/intercontinental/en/gb/locations/abudhabi

http://www.fairmont.com/babalbahr

Not too bad! Haha
   My list is pretty short now! With the exception of some last minute packing all I have to do is refill my prescriptions, get a back up box of contacts, then finish straightening out my cell bill and bank account. A LOT shorter than my previous lists!
    I only have a few days left on the cape :-( I'm going to the beach ALL day tomorrow, probably saying some goodbyes on Thursday, Friday I am working then going to lunch with a fellow LT who lives in my town, then Saturday I am working and heading off to Spencer and staying there until I leave for AD. Not much time! Right now I've pretty much just been a crazy lady checking my e-mail for my e-ticket. Trying to be patient! Hopefully the next time I post I will have received my e-ticket!

No comments:

Post a Comment