Saturday, August 13, 2011

"I am learning all the time. The tombstone will be my diploma." ~Eartha Kitt

  Just had our first dinner out in Abu Dhabi at this DELICIOUS Lebanese restaurant called Lebanese Flower.  We got so much great food and it was very inexpensive. I learned that it's considered very improper to eat with your left hand, especially in restaurants or other areas that aren't filled with as many westeners. I also learned to carry tissues in my purse because toilet paper isn't also available in public restrooms! All restrooms have a hose (what has now been coined the "butt gun") haning next to the toilet, this is different than the bidet, but many have only the hose and no toilet paper. Lesson learned. Also learned at the grocery store you need to have your produce weighed with a sticker on it, similar to what we have to do at the deli, BEFORE you go to the register to pay. Another lesson learned. I am trying to use the two Arabic words that I know as much as I can haha, hopefully my vocabulary will grow to more than two words. La= No, Shakran= Thank you. I got very excited at the airport because two men were speaking Arabic to eachother and one said "La la la" and I knew that he was not singing, but was saying "no, no, no."

1 comment:

  1. That "no eating with the left hand" thing is gonna take some getting used to for me, since I'm a leftie. :)

    ReplyDelete