Saturday, August 13, 2011

MADE IT!

   I made it, I made it, I made it!! After a 9 month process and over 25 hours of traveling I am FINALLY in Abu Dhabi and could not be happier!!


Mackenzie, Tamra, and me at the airport in Abu Dhabi. This is at about 1:00 am and after over 25 hours of traveling! Love these girls :-)
     Everything with the trip went very smoothly. The airline for the 12 hour trip was great. I got dinner, breakfast, watched a movie, watched tv, and played some games on the touch screen that was infront of me. I also was able to sleep off and on for about 6 hours so that definitely helped pass the time. When we got to Abu Dhabi, ADEC was right there waiting for us with our visas. We went straight to get our eyes scanned, passports stamped, luggage collected then was out of there in no time. My hotel in BEAUTIFUL! They greated us all at the door with all kinds a juices in wine glasses. I also have a bidet and a phone in my bathroom haha.  I've met some great people so far, in particular two girls from Seattle named Tamera and Mackenzie and a guy from St. Louis named Tom. I think the three of us will be spending a lot of time together while living in the hotel. We have had Saturday to ourselves then orientation starts Sunday so today we went to the mall and sat by the pool. The mall was about a $3 cab ride away and has many stores like the ones in the U.S. plus a Carrefour, which is similar to a Wal-Mart.
    It is HOOOTTTTT here! The second we walked out of the airport at 1:30 this morning, my glasses fogged up and I instantly felt damp and sticky. At that time it was about 90 degrees and now it's a little over 100. My hotel is right on the water though so we had a nice breeze while sitting by the pool.
  Strange thing...the last time there was a full moon I was in the U.S. and a fellow LT said to me that the next time I saw a full moon I would be on the other side of the world and our very first night here it was a full moon! It made me really excited haha
   Well I feel like I am forgetting a lot more stuff, but that's all for now. More to come!
    Love and miss everyone <3

1 comment: