Wednesday, September 21, 2011

"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." -Abraham Lincoln

My Classroom
Life is good! The kids have come to school and i'm loving it! These past two weeks have been easy because kindergarteners only come to school 8-10 the first two weeks, but it's been great spending time with the little ones (even if we can't understand eachother!). This week we have been planning to actually start teaching on Sunday and I'm REALLY looking forward too it! This week they learned how to say "September" in English and are really improving on their days of the week and counting in English. It's the little things like that that make a teacher happy!
The Unibomber after a slight rear ended
   Got into my first overseas fender bender! I got rear ended while waiting to merge onto a Rotary....everything went very smoothly and could have been SO much worse but the unibomber is no more and I now have a white Chevy Aveo that I like much better (everything happens for a reason right??)
   SOOOO many exciting things coming up! Spending this weekend in Abu Dhabi for the first time since I've moved to Al Ain and I can't see it being anything but amazing. The following weekend I will be staying with Kirsten in Dubai for one night then staying at the Palms Atlantis in Dubai for the DXB Beach Festival. October 20th we are spending a weekend in Oman doing the "Beach & Wadi Tour" http://sunsandtour.com/HolidayInOmanMountainCrossingOmanWadi2DayTours.htm
THEN November 4th-12th I will be in IRELAND with Colleen for the week!! I have always felt like a fortunate person, but feel more for fortunate than ever right now.
   Did have a moment of home sickness last week, though, when we had a little scare with Liam. He is home and good now, but not being home during that time really hit me. Thank goodness for Skype! Seeing him on there and smiling made me feel a million times better :-)
   Well that is all for now! Enjoy your weekend all (my weekend starts tomorrow)!!!

    <3 Love and miss you all!

Oh and check out this panoramic view my friend, Jason, did of the desert safari we all went on last month http://photosynth.net/view.aspx?cid=7dfdc43a-e03c-49cc-81c5-bf1b93b8e8ce

No comments:

Post a Comment